www.kuongx.blogspot.com

A future star.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ok I emailed this guy who experienced the same situation as me. This is what I said to him.

T60 thinkpad
I saw your post on the T60 video which underwent the water spilling process. And u said that:
"I had a tea accident with my T60. And it went DEAD! and lenovo said that the water entered the chaisi and damagend the whole board and that it will NOT BE REPAIRED without me paying for it."

I had a similar accident with my thinkpad and I will like to know what happened to your old thinkpad. was it repaired? and how much does it costs? Do share with me your experiences with thinkpad too and do drop me a mail at kuong_90@yahoo.com.sg if possible.

And by the way, my repair will cost me $1200SGD and that amout will be able to buy me a new laptop in Singapore.


And his reply:

Re: T60 thinkpad
Well the notebook is still dead in my old office - they wanted aproximately 800 $ for the repair. I have contacted a different part vendor and he had told me that the motherboard - which they would have repaired would coust only 300$.

Anyway I quit the job and now I have an Thinkpad X31 and I have to say that I am much more satisfied with it that with the T60.

The X31 was for 500 $ with 1 year warranty.



I am waiting for his future reply. Am I going to be like him? Leaving my $2000 baby in the storeroom? And same damages but different prices. His is $800, with motherboard damaged only, why mine is $1200, with keyboard, motherboard and palm rest damaged? Hopefully he will tell me where he lives so that I can price check with IBM.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home